2010-12-28

creamsickle



I always liked the lines of the 1959 Chevy hardtop coupes. With just one exception: their windshield. Way too large, kinda out of place. Like some thick, ugly glasses in a pretty girl's face. Well, there are ways to get rid of that. And while it takes a real man to cut one up, it takes a real man to cut up a car with a panoramic windshield. That's what some unknown builder did to this '59 Impala called Creamcycle. And he did it so good, it makes me wonder why this hasn't been done to fifty-nines more often. Hell, it looks like it just cruised right out of a Keith Weesner painting! (BaT)



6 comments:

  1. It was owned by my friend jim in chatsworth Ca. He traded a 36 ford for it. Did a bunch of work on it and painted it. Sold it for 30k. Looks like the new owner painted the roof to match. Nice car.I was trying to come up with the dough to buy it..never made it. I was short 29k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the info! A beautiful car, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did this one have a yellow roof before?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost looks like a AMT 3in1 kit. One of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photography. Do you know who shot it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes. But I have no idea who shot them.

    ReplyDelete